Homemade is the way to go!

Hi ladies! I have one simple question for you...do you enjoy DIY crafts and making homemade gifts for your loved ones? If you do, I think this post is going to peak your interest. One of my top favorite words in this entire world is homemade. It just brings a very warm and cozy feeling to my heart. I enjoy all things homemade! Homemade food, homemade soaps and lotions, and especially homemade gifts. I feel that homemade gifts are a little bit more meaningful because it was made from the heart and dedicated time and effort went into making it. As I have mentioned before, Ricky and I did long distance for many years and I found myself wanting to show him how much he was loved by me even through many miles apart. I knew that I wanted to send him something special to show just how special he was to me but I was a broke college student with little time to spare. I then decided to send little gifts to him that either represented a memory we shared, an inside joke we had, or just a little something to show that he was on my mind. Most of the time, the things I would make for him was all done either through my phone or computer because sending packages can become a little pricey after a while. The very first gift I had ever made for him was a word cloud that was made up of numerous encouraging words to describe him such as; (powerful, brave, courageous, handsome, talented, inspiring, compassionate, etc.) It wasn't anything extravagant but it did the job and made Ricky feel confident and uplifted. He appreciated the thoughtfulness and it brought him joy. That's why we give anyways, right? We love spreading joy to those we love. This is going to be a fun post because I am going to give you various homemade gift ideas for you to look at and maybe give it a try so when his or her birthday comes around, or an anniversary comes, these simple yet creative homemade ideas will be the perfect way to say I love you. 

Ali's Homemade Gift Ideas:

1) The Memory Capsule- Obviously as you can see, this is as easy as it can get! However, the meaning behind it is very romantic and symbolic. Going back to the very first year that you guys were together, to the best of your recollection, write down a very memorable moment that you guys shared that year. Continue to write one memory for every year until the present. Then you have your memory love capsule! :)


2) The Greatest Sayings and Doings- Out of all of the homemade gifts that I have ever made for Ricky, to this day he says that this particular gift was by far his favorite! This was a gift that I made for his 26th birthday. I wanted to let him know how much I see him for all that he is and for all that he does. This also turned out to be a hilarious gift! Write down all of the sayings and actions that he does most often and read it to him, I guarantee he will not even be aware of all of the things that he does. I wrote down 26 different sayings and actions because I wanted it to match how old he was turning. Not only will it impress him but it will let him know how much you pay attention to him and all of his quirky, awesome mannerisms. Be prepared for lots of laughs with this one! (Some of these are a little embarrassing but everyone will have a different list). 



3) The Photo Collage- It is exactly how it sounds, print and take as many pictures as you can find of you and your significant other and make a great, big collage on your wall or in a frame and hang it where both of you can see it and be reminded of the many memories you have shared together so far. 



4) A Picture Book- We all have a love story, why not make it into a book? I actually had a lot of fun making this gift. You can do it yourself or through a CVS or Walmart. Find beautiful pictures of you both throughout your time as a couple and put them into a picture book so you can always have your love story on display. He will love this gift and you guys will really enjoy flipping through the pages and reminiscing on your own love story. Besides, how cool would it be to be able to show this to your kids?!



5) The Memory Box- This is another chance to get crafty and bring out your artsy skills! Find a little box (I got mine at Michael's), and fill the box with as many trinkets and items as you can. Each one will represent or be symbolic of a memory you guys have had together. When he opens it up, it will be exploding with memories of your love. 


6) Love Coupons- I'm sure many of you have heard of this gift idea before but I am obsessed with this idea! You can make as many love coupons as you want and you can make it as creative as you want! This only requires a pen and some pieces of paper. Write down a few love coupons for him for the week. Give all of the coupons to him at once so he can choose which one he wants to use every day. You can make them for anything, for example; One Free Massage, One Free Kiss, One Free Hug, One Free Pizza and Beer Night, etc. Have fun with it!



       7) My Reasons Why Book- This requires a little more time and money but it is very cheap considering how many pages you can get. I made this for Ricky one Valentine's Day and he LOVED it! It is a super cute gift idea that is very easy to make. I made this love book online and it was a very simple website that walked you through the entire process. You create your character to look just like you and then you add in your names and pick the pages you want to put in your book and then it's off to your address! This was hands down my favorite gift that I have ever made. I will give you the website in case you want to give it a try! :) 




                                                                  lovebookonline.com/


8) The Love Jar- All you need is a jar and pieces of paper! Write down as many reasons why you love them on pieces of paper and throw them in the jar. Have your significant other pick one note out every day so he will always know he is loved. Another idea you could use is write down as many positive quotes as you can and throw them in the jar so he will always be inspired and motivated by you. This is just another simple gift idea that means A LOT when it is received. 





9) All About You Day- Plan a day where you do everything and anything that your significant other wants to do! Whatever they love to do, make a day out of it. One day I wrote down a plan for the whole day and it consisted of video games, pizza, action packed movies and dessert. Ricky and I would make our own National Days where we would make up a day out of the year. It was really exciting and spontaneous. Whether it be National Accent Day (talk in different accents all day to each  other), National Joke Day (tell each other funny jokes all day long), make it your own and enjoy the days together! 

I hope you enjoyed! Stay happy and beautiful! 

Comments

Popular Posts