You are who you keep company...




Hi ladies! 

Our character is constantly getting tested by the situations that we find ourselves in and by the unexpected circumstances in our life that reveal our true strength within us. What we don't always see is how our character can be compromised by the people that we surround ourselves with. This may seem irrelevant with the purpose of this blog but believe it or not, our closest friends may be the people that are tempting us to compromise our character. What is important to take from this post is that we must always surround ourselves with friends who will not only strengthen us but strengthen our marriage or relationship as well. Having friends who are there to uplift, enhance, inspire, support and encourage you in your relationship are the same people who will be the healthiest friends to have when you and your significant other undergo difficult times together. I myself have struggled with finding the right group of friends, we all go through it some time or another. What I discovered about myself when my character started to become shaky and broken was I wasn't who I wanted to be. More importantly, I wasn't who I knew myself to be. I know who I am and I also know that I only aim to be a stronger, more centered version of myself but the people that I was surrounding myself with at one time were not the people that were good for me or for my character. The reason that I chose to blog about this topic is because when you let the people around you tempt you to compromise your character, what else can they tempt you to do? They can influence your behavior and your actions. In a relationship, that becomes very dangerous for both of you. I knew that I had to cut them out because they were not bringing anything good and reassuring into my life and they were not strengthening me or my character so I knew that I had to make that choice. Your relationship is too important to let those around you come and try and tear it down, but I assure you that if you keep your character strong and you keep the friends in your life that help you keep it strong, noone or nothing can ever break you. Your life and your love life deserves the best so only surround yourself with the best! 

Stay happy and beautiful! :)




Comments

Popular Posts