Speak Before You Act

Hi everyone!








I know it's been awhile since I blogged last but now that I am back in my routine, I am officially back to my weekly blogging! With this time off it has given me plenty of time to find inspiration for my next blog entry. Sadly, I have seen a lot of couples fall apart recently and it has really weighed on me because seeing love crumble makes me realize that love should never be taken for granted. It is a gift that we are all blessed to know of and experience. More importantly, I believe that there is always a way to salvage it as long as both parties are willing to fight for their love. A trend that I have noticed that these couples are possessing that I believe have contributed to this drift between them is that they do not speak to each other. What I mean by this is they may talk to each other but they aren't truly speaking and opening up to one another about how they feel and unfortunately, once they actually do talk to their significant other, the damage has already been done and it is almost nearly impossible to mend at that point because once you feel isolated and neglected in your relationship, you tend to shut down and in that case, give up on your relationship. The reason why I feel like one person in the relationship is feeling isolated and neglected is we all tend to have this picture of what we want our life to look like and because of this, we all have this image of what our love life looks like as well and when we actually have it and it isn't looking like this beautiful, perfect picture like we had always imagined, we start to question it and we start resenting our partner for not fitting our image but how can they if they never know because we do not communicate it with them or talk to them about our feelings and what we personally expect from our significant others. It pains me to see so many strong couples fall apart because as much as I believe in love, I believe in what brought you together can keep you together. We all have these high expectations of what love is and what we want it to look like in our own personal lives and when we see that it is taking a new path than the one we envisioned, why is it that some of us are so quick to throw it all away? It may not be all we wanted but who knows if this new direction and this new path could be what we end up needing out of our love story. Without speaking to your significant other about problems or conflicts in your relationship, you cannot expect change. Communication is the most effective way to avoid these potential setbacks in relationships because being able to openly discuss and talk about your relationship with your significant other means that you both are comfortable and confident enough in who you are as a couple and without growth, you aren't moving forward as a couple. If you can personally relate to this post, I urge and encourage you to speak to your significant other about problems in the relationship or just talk to them about what is bothering you and I can almost guarantee that you will see positive change happen, actions will be set in motion and your relationship will only grow stronger. Don't let communication come between you and your significant other, if you could have the chance to talk to them and inevitably fix what could be broken, wouldn't you? Isn't your love for each other worth it?




Stay happy and beautiful! :)





Comments

Popular Posts