Giving Thanks...


Happy thanksgiving everyone! The season is upon us and I for one am stoked for thanksgiving not only because I get to eat the greatest feast but also because I have so much to be grateful for this year! As do all of you! I am so thankful for my beautiful family and friends that I get to enjoy this wonderful holiday with and a warm, cozy home that will be filled with love and the delicious aromas coming from the turkey and dressing. As any family, we all have our cherished traditions during the holidays and whatever the tradition may be, it has become a part of each of our holiday routines. When I got married and I moved away from my family, I knew that my holiday traditions would have to be altered to start a new tradition with my husband. It was quite an adjustment for me considering I always enjoyed having my family all around me during our thanksgiving meal but I decided to change my mindset and see it as an exciting new start to our very own thanksgiving tradition. This is where this blog post exposes its purpose. Try and be flexible and open minded when you and your significant other have to begin your own tradition together. Whether it be having thanksgiving over at their family's house for a little while and then going to enjoy festivities at your family's house for the rest of the holiday. Obviously this can only work if your family's live close together but if they live in different states, it can be a little more complicated to adjust. In that case, maybe come to an agreement to celebrate the holiday's at one family's house one year and then next year, you both will celebrate at the other family's house. Or if it is possible, it might be even better to have family come to you for the holiday's. Then there are some of us who are hundreds and hundreds of miles away from our family which is our case. If you fall into that same category as well, Ricky and I have an awesome group of friends who we celebrate the holidays with. We combine a little bit of all of our traditions and bring a thanksgiving dish that we have all had at our thanksgiving table and we all enjoy the holiday as one big, giant family. Just remember that even if you can't be with family for the holiday's, that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the holidays! Bring in some of that family tradition to your home or create your own family tradition with your significant other and give thanks for the joy and blessings that this wonderful holiday brings! 



Happy Thanksgiving to you all and happy eating! :) 






Comments

Popular Posts