Don't be so negative!




Welcome ladies,

Let me start off by saying that although I am a dreamer at heart, I don't think that I am naive at the fact that we will always be happy, super pumped up positive people all of the time! Granted, we all know that one person who always seems so joyous and unbothered by everything and anything but even though it appears that way on the outside, everyone has their storms that they are fighting on the inside. Most days, I am ashamed to say that I am not a very positive person. What is most frustrating to me though is the simple fact that I used to have a very positive and uplifting spirit but as we have all experienced for ourselves, life tends to take us to unexpected places that bring very unexpected changes into our lives. Because I have started to notice this about myself, I have become more aware of how I not only talk about myself but about my relationships as well. I was so harsh about myself and I would constantly bring myself down while bringing those I love down with me. That's not who I am, that is not who I want to be. I knew that change needed to happen, and fast. Instead of waking up and instantly thinking about everything that could possibly go wrong with the day, I started to write down three things that I am thankful for and three different reasons to smile for the day. I soon began to realize that no matter how negative my mind was at the time, my heart knew that there were endless reasons to be happy and thankful. I was given my life for a reason. Because no one else could live my life the way I could, I was responsible for how I felt or for how I saw the world. I was in control of that, I just didn't see that at times. Another exercise that I would do is I would only surround myself with people that lifted me up and encouraged me and my desire for joy. Once you remove yourself from the things and people that hold you back from living the life that you want, you start to see that positivity has always been right in front of you, it was just waiting for you to come get it. Instead of showing my negativity to my husband, I would take some personal time for myself to figure out what was causing the negativity in the first place and writing down two ways that I could turn it into a positive moment instead. The worst thing to do in these situations is to remember that your negativity doesn't make you or define you as a person, but what you do to break away from that negativity is what shows your true character. Take it from me, letting negativity into your life will only leave you feeling helpless and defeated. I want to tell you something though, YOU are a thousand times stronger than any form of negativity! Nothing and I mean nothing can take your happiness away except for you, negativity is only life's way of throwing obstacles at you to see if you will dodge them or fight them. I can promise you that once you rid yourself of negativity, your life will become a lot more peaceful. Go find what brings you joy and hold on tight to it because when life decides to throw obstacles at you, you will remember what you are fighting for. There are many ways to help alleviate the negativity from your life but the biggest piece of advice that I can give you is...surround yourself with positivity and only positivity because if you do that, there is no way that negativity can get in. Stay happy and beautiful! :)

Comments

Popular Posts