Agree to Disagree

Hello ladies! 




Realistically speaking, no two people will ever agree on everything. As much as that would be easier in some cases...it's just not possible and that's okay. Even your Mr. Right will not always agree that you are always right. ;)
On that comical note, I will say that even if you and your significant other don't agree on everything, there are a few ways to alleviate the tension that it may cause between the both of you. If we are being completely honest here, when Ricky and I got married, I just assumed that he would adapt and adjust to my views and perspectives on things without ever giving me any grief on the subject. Boy, was I ever wrong?! Although, if you read over that sentence that I just wrote, you will notice the issue right away. First of all, I automatically believed that Ricky would change his opinions and views to fit mine and I never addressed this to him. I realized that when we would disagree, I would get very upset and frustrated with him because I was disappointed in the fact that we didn't share the same views on a lot of things and we would disagree often. I could not figure out why it bothered me so much until I took a hard look at myself and said, "If we agreed on everything, we would never learn how to see from each other's different perspectives". I would remember the phrase, "Opposites attract". I would hear that phrase a lot from many couples and I remember reflecting on that phrase and wondering, maybe it doesn't necessarily mean that opposite people attract to each other because in a lot of cases, it doesn't work. Instead, maybe it means that you both may be opposite from each other but in that way, you also complete each other by keeping one another evenly balanced in your strengths and weaknesses. Maybe being opposite can help you see the world from a different pair of lenses, a pair of lenses that you would have never found if you weren't introduced to the world of your significant other. Since I discovered this, I embrace the opposite in our relationship and I love being able to disagree on things because it just means that we still have a lot to learn about each other and I for one am looking forward to spending the rest of my life doing that. You both have so much to learn from each other, even if you have been together for years and years, you will always learn something new and exciting about your significant other. Let those disagreements mean that you agree on the idea that while you both are opposite on some views, you know that your love for each other is the same.
Stay happy and beautiful! :)

Ricky loves his video games while I enjoy my yoga and writing time. 

Comments

  1. Wow, he didn't even realize you were taking his picture! !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When playing video games, he is his own world...

      Delete
  2. Wow, he didn't even realize you were taking his picture! !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As nice as it would be to always have someone think the same way and agree with you on everything, it wouldn't offer any insight to any alternative views of beliefs or ways of thinking. I think that's why opposites attract, as you said lol. It's nice to have friends that are like-minded and are very similar to you but imagine living with someone like that for the rest of your life. How annoying would that be! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen sista! It would never work! I think there's a common misconception with that though in today's society. I guess that's where my inspiration came from. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts