Only YOU can complete you...



Hi all! 


I am so happy to be back and blogging this week with you guys! I feel like I have a very valuable word of advice for not only myself but for all of you lovebirds out there! When we first find that special someone, most of us believe that we will find "our everything" in that person and that special someone will complete us and make us whole. Unfortunately, that's all in the movies folks! On an even more depressing note, it took me a little longer to figure that out for myself. When Ricky and I first got together, I have to say that I was smitten from first glance. He had everything that I was looking for in a man, but I was also very young and immature and I still believed that everything was rainbows and sunshine when it came to relationships. When people meet for the first time, it will almost always be a pleasurable experience because most of us aim to make a good first impression on people and we will only see the newness and the excitement that comes from the beginning stages of any relationship and first meeting. It isn't until much later on in the relationship when walls come down and a sense of trust forms that we learn about them on a much deeper and greater level. There is high expectation that comes from a lot of us, including myself, that we will find the best of us in our significant other. We tend to put a lot of strain on the relationship when we expect our partner to fulfill that expectation for us. When we believe that our significant other will be our absolute everything, we are more prone to let down and heartbreak when we finally realize that it's an unrealistic expectation, a false form of reality. Something that took me a long time to figure out was that no one will ever be able to fully love me until I learn to love myself. Until I finally learned to make myself "my everything" was when I began to feel so much more content and happier with who I was as a person and Ricky began to see that in me as well which only enhanced our relationship. When we don't love ourselves fully, we tend to face greater insecurities, low self-esteem, and we seek to find that love in others. When this happens, it takes away from the possible beautiful future that can develop if we don't try so hard to find ourselves in our significant other. Ladies, I am still having to work on this everyday because it took me years to finally notice that without finding myself first, I will not find the love that I deserve or the love that I could have. If you are someone who can relate to this as well then I have some helpful methods that I think can be useful for you to try. I hope these help you discover the amazing and beautiful woman that you already are and I hope that it helps you realize that YOU alone are enough! YOU alone can complete you and make yourself happy. Always love yourself because there is so much to love! 



  • Reassure yourself every morning when you wake up and every night before you go to sleep that YOU are awesome, strong, and lovable! 
  • Go do at least one activity everyday that makes you happy, find something that you love to do and spend some time enjoying your talents. 
  • Give yourself a compliment everyday! Point out your great strengths and gifts because they are what makes you amazing and you deserve to brag about yourself every once in awhile. 
  • DO NOT put so much stress on yourself by following all of these social media trends and do not follow what society deems as "beautiful" because you are unique and you are a leader, not a follower. So many of us try and compare ourselves with others because we wish to change something about ourselves but what we should be proud of is the fact that no one will ever be just like you, we need to learn to appreciate the things that make us different from everyone else instead of trying to change it. 
  • Lastly, always walk around with confidence and with your head held high because let's face it...WE ROCK! 




Stay happy and beautiful! :)




Comments

Popular Posts