Some things are just out of your control...




Hello all!

I don't know about you guys but probably one of my greatest downfalls is giving up control over certain areas of my life. Granted, there are a lot of things that we do have control over but trying to live a christian lifestyle the best that I can requires that I give up that control to God because it shows the amount of trust that we have in Him. What I want to talk about with anyone who reads this is as hard as it may be to give up that control, it will be twice as hard to live a life where you strive to control everything in it. My biggest battle is trying to control my health. I would consider myself to be quite the "health-nut" if you will, and I like to practice a healthy lifestyle by eating the right foods, exercising, and doing what I can to have a healthy mind and mindset as well. I would say that over time, this has become an obsession for me in a way because my fears of getting sick and not being able to live my life to the fullest is what drives me everyday to stick to that healthy lifestyle. What I started to notice during this is not only was I wanting to control my health, I started wanting to control everything in my life. I had this false sense of reality where I believed that if I could control how I took care of myself, there wasn't much else that I couldn't control. Boy, was I ever wrong? I started to become controlling in my relationships with people, I started to believe that I could control how my day would go and what would happen. It was interesting to see that the more control that I perceived to have had over these areas of my life, the less happy I started to become. Then I started asking myself, if this is what I wanted for myself, why do I feel so defeated and sad? It took a while to find the answer to this because it was a question that I ultimately tried to avoid but I soon discovered that the reason I was so unhappy was because I was slowly starting to see that what I thought was having control was actually having a lack of freedom. In this sense, freedom is being set free of what is holding me back from living a life of appreciation and urgency. I was constantly focused on controlling myself that I would never stop and appreciate the beautiful life that was already given to me. Instead of trying to control the things in life that are just simply out of my hands, I needed to shift my control over to the things that we actually were meant to control. For instance, my motivation, my determination, my willingness to work hard for my dreams and future, how I treat people and how I love, those are all things that I can control and guess what? Those are the only things that I want to control at the end of the day because life is hard enough as it is, we shouldn't make it harder on ourselves. We aren't promised tomorrow, we are only given one life to live, we should be living it however makes us happy. Let life and God control what we can't and let yourself be set free of what controls you. 




Stay happy and beautiful! :) 


Comments

Popular Posts