Listen to Me!!!

                              



Hello ladies!

We all know that listening is critically important in any relationship we have but do we truly know HOW to listen? We may listen to what our significant other, friend, or family member is saying to us but do we really and truly HEAR them? There have been many moments in my marriage and even before Ricky and I were married that I would find myself arguing with him because I do not feel heard and when I don't feel heard, I feel misunderstood. What happens then? We begin to feel misread and mistreated because a lot of us believe that when we aren't being heard, then our needs are not being fully met by the person we love. When this happens, we find ourselves being less and less likely to express and be open about our feelings to our significant other because we are not getting that listening ear that we sometimes need. What I have learned is that if we really listen and hear our significant other then we will show them that we are there for them in every way and they will always feel that they can come to us with anything. I quickly realized that Ricky and myself included, weren't giving each other the attentiveness that we needed to feel heard and I knew that there needed to be a change. Which is why I discovered some sure fire ways to show your significant other, friend, or family member that they are always being heard. 

Be Attentive

This may seem like common sense but a lot of the time we find ourselves getting easily distracted or sidetracked by what is happening around us like our phones, other people, etc., that our attention isn't always solely focused on who is talking to us but instead our attention is on multiple factors. Instead, make sure your phone is away from you and you are in a quiet, peaceful place away from distractions so you can give all of your attention to your significant other. 




Keep Eye Contact!

I used to have the hardest time maintaining eye contact with people. I always thought that looking people in the eyes meant that they could see every part of me and it scared me. I learned that having eye contact with people is one of the best ways to let someone know that you are listening to them and what they have to say is important to you. Be sure to look your significant other in the eyes when they talk to you so they can see and know that you are listening to them and what they say and how they feel matters to you. 





Hear Them!

When your significant other talks to you, try and really hear them. When I say that, I simply mean try and see from their perspective and from their eyes so you can try and understand what they are feeling and that will help you become more compassionate and empathetic not only for your significant other but for other people too! 


This will ultimately lead to more understanding and appreciation for your significant other and being able to truly listen to them will just show them even more how much you love and care for them! 

Stay happy, beautiful and strong! :)



Comments

Popular Posts